Gears of War is an outstanding new game for the Xbox 360, the graphics and animation for this game are the best I have ever seen, especially when played back on an HDTV at 1920x1080p resolution.
That said, the menu system for the game was kind of an after-thought and is not very intuitive. The part that I and many other folks suffered with are how on earth to get an xbox live guest signed in so that both you and the guest can play together in split-screen on xbox live? I tried searching every where and I could not find an answer, but luckily after several attempts I was able to figure it out.
Below are the exact steps you need to do to get a guest signed in:
- Make sure the second controller is turned on and is not signed in to xbox live.
- From the main menu select VERSUS then select XBOX LIVE PLAYER MATCH
- At the bottom of the VERSUS PLAYER MATCH screen you should see this “Y Guest SIGN-IN” (see screenshot below)
- On the second controller press Y then select “Guest Xbox Live” from the list that drops down.
- That’s it, you are now ready to play with your guest