This is pretty much your last chance to signup for Hadoop World, it is happening this Friday (Oct 2nd) in Newyork City. The registration prices are higher now since these are the last few days, but if you are interested in going then shoot me an email, I have a special deep discount code for “friends of amr”.
Below I highlight a number of news/blog articles that covered some of the use cases that will be talked about at Hadoop World:
- “Hadoop buzz continues to excite the cloud”. CNET, Dave Rosenberg, September 4th, 2009.
- “What’s the New York Times doing with Hadoop?”. InfoWorld, Savio Rodrigues, September 11th, 2009.
- “Telecom operators get the scoop on Hadoop”. Telephony Online, Rich Karpinski, September 15th, 2009.
- “Q&A: Visa dips a toe into the Hadoop pool”. CNET, Matt Asay, September 17th, 2009.
- “The Tech Behind eHarmony”. PC World, Eric Lai, September 19th, 2009.
- “Hadoop World Shows Diverse Uses”. SD Times, Alex Handy, September 21st, 2009.
- “Cloudera and Facebook Shed More Light on Hadoop Integration”. TechCrunch, Leena Rao, September 23rd, 2009.
- “Welcome to Hadoop World”. Network World, Jon Olstik, September 24th, 2009.
- “FeatherCast – Aaron Kimball on Hadoop”. Apache Feathercast, Rich Bowen, September 24th, 2009.
I look forward to meeting you there,